Designing the Business to Be Bankable, Scalable & Investable
Designing a business to be sexy, attracting talents and investors is to make it bankable, scalable and investable. The journey takes time, energy and a structured approach with the end goals in mind. However, not all businesses go through a thorough visioning and/or strategic planning exercise before registering and starting the business. This is why; most businesses are NOT scalable or investable even if they are bankable.
The list of questions that every entrepreneur and business owner would one day ask themselves in their business journey, in no particular order are:
• “Why did I start this business?”
• “Do I expand / scale-up the business or exit the business?”
• “Do I have an exit plan?”
• “What’s my exit plan?”
• “When do I exit this business?”
• “How do I exit this business?”
• “Am I ready to expand / scale-up the business?”
• “Do I have a succession plan?”
• “Is my management team and employees ready to scale the business?”
• “What’s the value of my business?”
• “How do I value the business?”
• “How much money should I raise to scale-up the business?”
• “How much equity do I sell to raise the funds?”
• “What’s the value of my business?”
• “How do I choose investors?”
• “What happens to my business? Do I lose control?”
• “Am I ready to accept investments from investors?”
• “What happens if I make mistakes?”
• “How do I lead the meetings with the Board of Directors?”
• “What happens if I have disagreements with my Board?”
With Scaling-Up! Ventures – we help companies assess their skills and choose a new direction which utilizes the talents of the team and resources most productively.
safety net & build wealth
You can transform your business to a revenue-producing asset that lets you work as much or as little as you want.
Strategic & tactical planning
Our clients are often surprised by the possibilities we present to them; by thinking without any box, coming from a space of possibility, we present exciting new ventures:
- Work fewer hours — and make more money
- Attract and retain quality, high-paying customers
- Manage yourself, so you’ll get more done in less time
- Hone sharp leadership skills to manage your team
- Cut unnecessary expenses without sacrificing quality
- Automate your business, so you can leave for days
- Work ON the business, instead of IN the business
Good strategy is the antidote to competition. Strategic thinking is the process of developing a strategy that defines your value proposition and your unique value chain. This process includes market and competitive research as well as an assessment of the company’s capabilities and the industry forces impacting it.
This is the most worrying part for most clients going through or needing a turnaround; it means that incoming cash flows will change completely. We help ease these issues through fantastic financial projections and a realistic view of what can be accomplished.
Creating a list of potential qualified prospects for your service or product can be daunting when you’re beginning your business. However, this needs to be considered as a follow up on your Target Market Analysis so you can hit the ground running.
business plan market
A strong business plan requires going beyond intuition and experience, and supporting your idea with fact-based market research. Investors need to have confidence in your understanding of the market, so don’t let yourself down by skimping on research. We have access to fee-based, subscriber-only resources such as:
- Don James/Semplice – Article and News research
- HighVoltageBusiness – Company and Industry Research
- Goovers – Company and Industry Research
- IRISpace – Industry Research
- Lexos-Nexos – Company, Industry, Market Research
- Plombett – Industry Research
- Pronounce – market analysis report “slices”